Skip to main content

Another trip to Melaka

See this green puff?

It's a baby rambutan!

I bet most of you know that already but... I don't O.O

They remind me of my dear baby hamsters (6 of 'em puff balls) before the EVIL NEIGHBOURHOOD CAT pushed down the hamster cage and annihilated all my living puff balls/hamsters. 

Anyway, the point of this post is...

I went to Melaka (Malacca) the last weekend with my family.

And ate non stop. 

Nasi Lemak served with Kangkung. My dad says it's a Hokkien thing... Serving Nasi Lemak with plain kangkung. True?

Nyonya Laksa! From Bess Kopitiam, as recommended by my friend. Nyonya laksa is always awesome. But  it isn't sour enough for our liking =S So, so far the best nyonya laksa I've tasted is at Jonker88 (Sure there are more awesome laksa elsewhere but a 2 day tour at Melaka just isn't enough to savour them >.<)

Finally made our way to the hotel =)

I'm not one who can describe hotel rooms properly. So I'll let the pictures do the talking.




I love hotels =3

Orangutan House! There was a Baboon House nearby... Maybe they are sister... houses o.O
LOVE this building very much because of it's bright colours =)

During the trip we passed by A' Famosa and I told my story about the Portuguese and Dutch colonisation of Melaka and the fighting over this place. And he asked me, 'why do they hate each other so much?'

I suspect he's thinking of something more related to football than the spice route.

Queuing to eat satay celup. 

My mom said, 'Since we come all the way here d, if we wanna eat, eat the best la.'

But she took back her words once she saw the queue at Capitol Satay.

We unanimously agreed that nothing is worth that HORRENDOUSLY long queue and proceeded to eat at at any adjacent shop that was available.

As a non local, I would gladly say that Lok lok is my preferred 'Asian Fondue'.

Chicken Rice Ball at Chung Hua on Jonker Street.

Another long queue to makan here T.T So we took turns queuing up while the rest went to the San Su Gong and tried their cold drinks muahaha.

Mummy looking hungrily at the empty plate. Aww...

People selling antiques beside Jonker street on a Sunday morning. Had fun looking at old notes and coins =)

 Oops. Sorry for the butt snapshot but I like the antiques and this is the only photo I have of them... XD

After all the makan near the city centre (some which I didn't take any photos of because I'm too busy eating), we went to Klebang to try out their famous 'Coconut Milkshake'. Didn't like it very much... The flavour is covered by the huge dollop of ice cream they put in >.<

And finally after 2 days we escaped Melaka! Haha actually I really love Melaka, a place with culture and history... But since we went there on a public holiday weekend, the crowd is huge and eating and visiting involves queuing up which tests everybody's patience >.<

On the way back home we decided to stop by Dengkil for Chilli Fish at Sinki Restaurant.

Our GPS was creepy though... We were following her instruction and at a junction, we saw a signboard that says turn left to Dengkil but the GPS insists we turn right. We turned left, against the GPS's instructions and throughout the 10km drive to Dengkil, the GPS keep instructing us to U turn.

Even after we reached Dengkil and parked the car, the GPS kept on insisting we MUST U-turn. Creepy... Luckily we didn't follow her instructions >=O

Anyway, more good food and this time, 'finally food without a long queue' (quotes dad)


Fish ball and silky smooth tofu.

Chilli Fish, their signature fish! It's DAMN awesome. Super awesome. Salivating just thinking about this. And all their other food is yummy too, and not too expensive. Oh the pic is blur because... I was too much in a hurry to eat again.

We also ordered Paku choi cooked with Belacan. Second best dish after the fish =)

OK a random picture to end this post:

Poached egg! Finally tasted it and see it with my own eyes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I became a barista and how it's like working as one.

It surprises me that people still don't know what does 'barista' means. Barista is defined as ' a person whose job involves preparing and serving different types of coffee'. I was working as one for 5 months and basically, I make coffee and serve it to customers. It's my longest job to date, providing me something legal to do and earning some pocket money during my wait (still waiting for at time of writing. 9 months and counting.) (I'm putting the word 'legal' in because I'm still feeling a bit bitter about the fact that some of my friends actually took the opportunity to do illegal locum. Hey ho, that's people to you.) After my final professional examination (which was in August 2015), I told myself to enjoy my holidays but as usual, I got bored and restless and found myself a job as a research assistant. But it wasn't a satisfying job because: 1. I have to travel all the way to PJ on weekdays. 2. Get stuck in the jam for a total

SOULed OUT

I'm gonna talk about FOOD again! My favourite blogging topic muahahaha. I have other passions too but there are all pretty... Scientific? Haha they will bore you to death. So yea, food is the best topic to blog about =) Especially here in Malaysia food connects us all. I've only met a person who doesn't enjoy eating (WHY!?). She is weird (You know who you are haha) First, a HUGE cup of coffee to awaken your senses. My daddy always order a kopi O whenever possible. I think he fancies himself as a Kopi O connoisseur haha =3 But I keep my distance from coffee. Coffee makes me jittery and anxious. Even drinking tea makes my heart go on overdrive grr. Mummy has been wanting to visit SOULed OUT since awhile ago but we just didn't get around to visiting the place, until today. SOULed OUT has two branches but we went to the one in Sri Hartamas. Took us quite some time (and a lot of help from iPhone's Maps application) but we manage to find the place. The location

Cool air

Because nothing beats naturally cool weather =) Was up in Cameron Highlands last weekend. And on the way up we realised: My bro has car sickness. That aside, it was a very uneventful trip. My dad thought me something too! Have you ever seen step-like slopes along the roads that are cut out from the mountains? Those are known as... Ba... Err, I forgot. But you know what it is. Apparently according to Malaysian regulations, they must not be more than 6 per slope and each step must not be more than 6 meters high. But that's not the case for most of the slopes. Please, those slopes are SO high you cannot possibly limit the steps to only 6! So, like most Malaysian rules, it can be altered to suit the case. You know, altered. Anyway, engineering is fascinating =) Especially about airports! And my dad loves them too. I suspect I'm very much like my dad. When he loves something he will babble on and on and on about it, usually to a person who will not be listening to him at all. Ki