Skip to main content

SOULed OUT

I'm gonna talk about FOOD again! My favourite blogging topic muahahaha. I have other passions too but there are all pretty... Scientific? Haha they will bore you to death. So yea, food is the best topic to blog about =) Especially here in Malaysia food connects us all. I've only met a person who doesn't enjoy eating (WHY!?). She is weird (You know who you are haha)

First, a HUGE cup of coffee to awaken your senses. My daddy always order a kopi O whenever possible. I think he fancies himself as a Kopi O connoisseur haha =3 But I keep my distance from coffee. Coffee makes me jittery and anxious. Even drinking tea makes my heart go on overdrive grr.

Mummy has been wanting to visit SOULed OUT since awhile ago but we just didn't get around to visiting the place, until today. SOULed OUT has two branches but we went to the one in Sri Hartamas. Took us quite some time (and a lot of help from iPhone's Maps application) but we manage to find the place. The location surprised me as it's kinda out of the way...


As you can see, the other branch is at Ampang.


Sis checking out the dessert selection. Looks delicious but too bad we didn't try it. Was too full and the last thing we wanted to think about is ordering more food =X

As usual, the bro playing with the iPad pfft.

While waiting for our food!

If you are one to check out each and every minute detail about a photo, you might see Caucasians sitting behind me. One thing about SOULed OUT is that it attracts many expatriates. The concept of SO is very European. Asians usually prefer to evade the sun and heat and prefer to sit indoors with aircon, so sometimes outdoor dining areas lacks... decoration and style because the decoration is concentrated indoors.

But 'Ang Mohs' LOVE the sun. They love the heat (but not too much. Apparently Msia has just the right amount of warmth. So I've read). They even have a term for dining outdoors. Al fresco dining. SO has a great outdoor dining area and that's where all the expats are seated. There is a romantic indoor dining area too for those who takut panas and takut jadi hitam XD


It's Happy Hour time and mom ordered a tall cocktail- Mojito.

Still prefer margaritas =3

Lasagna that my bro ordered and his greedy sisters took a few bites out of it. My sister loved it. I'll say it's better than Pizza Hut's lasagna XD

Tacos. In my hurry to take this photo and faster eat this I didn't notice the colours turned out weird =S Yummy but they should give us more dip. There wasn't enough salsa =(

One of their signature dish- Pizza with lots of fresh salmon(!!!), lettuce, crab roe and loads of mayo!
In my rush to makan it, the photo turned out blurry. Bleh.

(Googled for the dish's name. It's called Sake San)

It would have been nice if we didn't order tacos (The heaviness of the cheese overwhelms the pizza) and the sizzling lamb cutlets (This one is THE BEST. Even my mom and dad agrees. So good that the pizza is overshadowed)

Sorry but no photos of the Sizzling Lamb Cutlets. Too busy eating it... Again, I shall emphasise why I can't be a food blogger: I love food too much. No restrain when it comes to eating haha until I forget to take photos until its too late T.T

(Hmm maybe soon I shall blog about characteristics that different kind of bloggers should have... Good good finally I have some idea what to blog XD)

Lamb Cutlets why you so yummy...

SOULed OUT. And the blurry bar.

Good for people who wanna experience al fresco dining and enjoy some beer (Quite a selection there). Another thing I enjoyed: Observing kids running around. Asian people have a thing for adorable Caucasian kids with their blond hair and cute English accent. They are like little dolls <3 Don't know about the usual crowd at SO but when I was there, I think a Caucasian family is having a family gathering and there were loads of blond haired kids running around.

SHOOO CUUUTE.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOODNESS THE FOOD LOOKS AWESOMEEEE. I wanna eat the Sake San!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea it was really yummy =D But it can be a little bit salad-ish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I became a barista and how it's like working as one.

It surprises me that people still don't know what does 'barista' means. Barista is defined as ' a person whose job involves preparing and serving different types of coffee'. I was working as one for 5 months and basically, I make coffee and serve it to customers. It's my longest job to date, providing me something legal to do and earning some pocket money during my wait (still waiting for at time of writing. 9 months and counting.) (I'm putting the word 'legal' in because I'm still feeling a bit bitter about the fact that some of my friends actually took the opportunity to do illegal locum. Hey ho, that's people to you.) After my final professional examination (which was in August 2015), I told myself to enjoy my holidays but as usual, I got bored and restless and found myself a job as a research assistant. But it wasn't a satisfying job because: 1. I have to travel all the way to PJ on weekdays. 2. Get stuck in the jam for a total

Cool air

Because nothing beats naturally cool weather =) Was up in Cameron Highlands last weekend. And on the way up we realised: My bro has car sickness. That aside, it was a very uneventful trip. My dad thought me something too! Have you ever seen step-like slopes along the roads that are cut out from the mountains? Those are known as... Ba... Err, I forgot. But you know what it is. Apparently according to Malaysian regulations, they must not be more than 6 per slope and each step must not be more than 6 meters high. But that's not the case for most of the slopes. Please, those slopes are SO high you cannot possibly limit the steps to only 6! So, like most Malaysian rules, it can be altered to suit the case. You know, altered. Anyway, engineering is fascinating =) Especially about airports! And my dad loves them too. I suspect I'm very much like my dad. When he loves something he will babble on and on and on about it, usually to a person who will not be listening to him at all. Ki