Skip to main content

My weakness...

... Has always been and always will be food.

(andalsocuteguysclassicalmusicinstrumentspwettygirlsalotmorestuffandetcetcetcbutthatsnotthepointnow)

Oh and sorry for the ugly photos. But there are reasons behind them being so ugly.

Last week I had the chance to eat cupcakes from Bisou. Bought it in Bangsar. Under usual circumstances, I won't buy this kind of stuff since it cost so much but my sis wanted to try it and I was craving for sweet unhealthy food. Ignoring the RM5 per cupcake price tag, I bought two, one for me and one for my sister.

The one of the right is Red Velvet which was awesome =D The cupcake was moist and soft and I love how the savoury cream cheese 'icing' complement the sweetness of the cake. Yum yum... So much better than Cupcake Chic's cupcake which looks pretty but completely relies on the icing for taste. The cake was dry and left a really really bad impression on me.

Oh and my sis' cupcake was Vanilla Sky, vanilla cake with vanilla icing. It was nice too but it's a normal flavour you can get anywhere so it didn't left much impression on me.

Oh yea the photo looks ugly because somehow the cupcakes toppled over and the icing got squashed.

So if you are craving for some cupcakes, try out Bisou's cupcake (and not Cupcake Chic's) because it's yum-meh!

Then few days ago I tried to make guacamole again. For those who dunno what is guacamole, it is a dip that is made using avocado, tomatoes, garlic and onion. Because of the last two ingredients, it has a very strong smell much some people may not like.

Initially the smell turned me off at first but after eating it it taste pretty nice. It is kinda sweet, crunchy (from the onions) and mushy at the same time.

I know it looks horrible. I can never do justice to mashed food on the camera.

Serve it with nachos =D

Yum yum yum. Got the recipe from allrecipes. The recipes from that website are pretty satisfactory, as long as you check out the reviews and comments that other users posted up. Follow their suggestions too and you'll do just fine =D

Oh the reason I tried making guacamole is because I read about it in Meg Cabot's 'All American Girl' and somehow the name manage to catch my attention and tadaa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I became a barista and how it's like working as one.

It surprises me that people still don't know what does 'barista' means. Barista is defined as ' a person whose job involves preparing and serving different types of coffee'. I was working as one for 5 months and basically, I make coffee and serve it to customers. It's my longest job to date, providing me something legal to do and earning some pocket money during my wait (still waiting for at time of writing. 9 months and counting.) (I'm putting the word 'legal' in because I'm still feeling a bit bitter about the fact that some of my friends actually took the opportunity to do illegal locum. Hey ho, that's people to you.) After my final professional examination (which was in August 2015), I told myself to enjoy my holidays but as usual, I got bored and restless and found myself a job as a research assistant. But it wasn't a satisfying job because: 1. I have to travel all the way to PJ on weekdays. 2. Get stuck in the jam for a total

SOULed OUT

I'm gonna talk about FOOD again! My favourite blogging topic muahahaha. I have other passions too but there are all pretty... Scientific? Haha they will bore you to death. So yea, food is the best topic to blog about =) Especially here in Malaysia food connects us all. I've only met a person who doesn't enjoy eating (WHY!?). She is weird (You know who you are haha) First, a HUGE cup of coffee to awaken your senses. My daddy always order a kopi O whenever possible. I think he fancies himself as a Kopi O connoisseur haha =3 But I keep my distance from coffee. Coffee makes me jittery and anxious. Even drinking tea makes my heart go on overdrive grr. Mummy has been wanting to visit SOULed OUT since awhile ago but we just didn't get around to visiting the place, until today. SOULed OUT has two branches but we went to the one in Sri Hartamas. Took us quite some time (and a lot of help from iPhone's Maps application) but we manage to find the place. The location

Cool air

Because nothing beats naturally cool weather =) Was up in Cameron Highlands last weekend. And on the way up we realised: My bro has car sickness. That aside, it was a very uneventful trip. My dad thought me something too! Have you ever seen step-like slopes along the roads that are cut out from the mountains? Those are known as... Ba... Err, I forgot. But you know what it is. Apparently according to Malaysian regulations, they must not be more than 6 per slope and each step must not be more than 6 meters high. But that's not the case for most of the slopes. Please, those slopes are SO high you cannot possibly limit the steps to only 6! So, like most Malaysian rules, it can be altered to suit the case. You know, altered. Anyway, engineering is fascinating =) Especially about airports! And my dad loves them too. I suspect I'm very much like my dad. When he loves something he will babble on and on and on about it, usually to a person who will not be listening to him at all. Ki